Sorry CME is not currently available for this activity.
Introduction to Chronic Wound Healing
This presentation provides an overview to chronic wound healing to educate physicians on the complexity of chronic wound management. It discusses the most common wound types: arterial wounds, diabetic wounds, pressure ulcers and venous ulcers as well as the treatment modalities for each.
- Physicians: Medical doctors, dermatologists, endocrinologists, general surgeons, internists and primary care physicians
- Physician assistants
- Nurse practitioners
- Residents and Medical students
- Understand the definition and pathophysiology of chronic wounds.
- Differentiate between a Wound Care Center and a Wound Clinic.
- Understand proven clinical pathways in the treatment of chronic wounds.
- Understand the major etiological classifications of chronic wounds and their specific diagnosis and treatment.
- Understand the latest technologies in chronic wound management, inclusive of Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatments.
- Understand the proper documentation and treatment of pressure ulcers
Beth Israel Medical Center and St. Luke’s and Roosevelt Hospitals are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Beth Israel Medical Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Policy on Faculty and Provider Disclosure
It is the policy of Beth Israel Medical Center and St. Luke's and Roosevelt Hospitals that faculty and providers disclose real or apparent conflicts of interest relating to the topics of this educational activity. Beth Israel Medical Center and St. Luke's and Roosevelt Hospitals have established policies in place that will identify and resolve all conflicts of interest prior to this educational activity.
The following have reported that they do not have any financial relationships to disclose:
Michael G. Cioroiu, MD